As part of our ongoing commitment to be more environmentally-friendly and to ensure parents have quick and easy access to important information, APS has contracted with Peachjar to provide a digital e-flyer service. Peachjar sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inboxes and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, families can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Families can also share flyers with friends and neighbors with one simple click.
Peachjar has many benefits for parents, students, community organizations, and school staff, including:
- keeps parents informed about school activities and community events/resources
- saves trees by reducing the amount of paper printed
- reduces copy costs by thousands of dollars
- removes the administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers of making copies and stuffing backpacks
- ensures students stay focused on important academic and extra-curricular activities, instead of delivering paperwork to their parents
Information for Families
No action is required on your part. When you provide the school with your email address during registration/annual verification, or through ParentVUE, you will receive a welcome email from Peachjar that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view school digital flyers. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
You can also access your school’s flyers by clicking the Peachjar link on the school’s website homepage, under Quicklinks.
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. There is also a button to unsubscribe from Peachjar emails. Keep in mind, if you unsubscribe, you may miss out on important information about school events and opportunities for your child.
Thank you for supporting our environmentally-conscious efforts to ensure parents are well-informed about school programs, activities, and events.
Information for Community Organizations
Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends approved flyers directly to parents’ email inbox and posts them online on all school websites. With Peachjar, parents can easily find and view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Paper flyers will no longer be distributed. Peachjar charges a nominal fee to community organizations to use this service; however, since this service greatly reduces printing costs, the Peachjar fee is about 30 percent less expensive than the cost of duplicating and distributing copies of flyers for distribution in schools. Plus, there’s no more need to drive to each school to drop off flyers.
Community organizations must register online with Peachjar in order to upload their flyers for distribution to schools. Go to www.peachjar.com – click on the “Community Organizations” tab and select “Register.”
- PEACHJAR TUTORIAL & FAQ
The Community Organizations tab on the Peachjar website includes FAQ and other information about the service. In addition, registered users have access to the free design services to help you communicate about your program or event.
- UPLOAD YOUR FLYER
- EMAIL APS – email@example.com – let us know:
- When you uploaded your flyer to Peachjar
- A list of schools to receive the flyer
- A copy of paperwork with proof of your tax exempt/nonprofit status (if you have not provided it in the past)
- Attach a PDF of your Flier
- After your flyer is uploaded, it will be routed automatically to the APS School and Community Relations Department staff for online approval to ensure that the flyer fulfills the requirements outlined in the APS Printed Materials Policy (SBP 30-3.2).
- Once approved (ALWAYS ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOONS), it will be emailed electronically to all families ON THURSDAY, and posted on the selected school Peachjar web pages.
- APS staff will reply to your email (STEP 4) to confirm that your flyer has been approved for distribution.
- PAPER COPIES
Each school maintains a file or bulletin board of approved flyers for families to review at the school. Organizations should mail copies (1-10) of your flier to each school selected for this purpose. Please mark it “For Backpack Mail Files.”
For questions or assistance with Peachjar, call1-877-402-1786 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Support is available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (EST).
For questions about the APS Printed Materials Policy or other issues, please call the Department of School & Community Relations at 703-228-6005 or email email@example.com.
Guidelines for E-Flyers
- Peachjar is available for distribution of flyers, surveys, and questionnaires (“Backpack Mail”) to students, parents, and staff created by or on behalf of the schools, the Arlington County government, and parent teacher organizations of APS.
- Peachjar is only available to verified outside nonprofit organizations* (who have provided proof of their nonprofit/tax-exempt status) for distribution in schools.
- No outside nonprofit organization’s materials will be distributed to any school more than five (5) times per academic year.
- Peachjar is available beginning the second week of the school year. Additionally, no items from outside nonprofit organizations will be distributed during the last week of school.
- Peachjar is not available to outside nonprofit organizations during summer school.
- Youth sports groups that are affiliated with the Arlington County Department of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources (PRCR), Sports Division are asked to indicate their affiliation on their flier or request. (Affiliation or the lack thereof will not be a basis for a decision not to distribute material.)
- Any material from outside nonprofit organizations must contain, in letters that are at least thirty percent (30%) as large as the largest print on the notice or flier, the following statement: Arlington Public Schools does not sponsor or endorse the individual or group providing this material, or any message contained herein. [Las Escuelas Públicas de Arlington no patrocinan o respaldan al individuo o grupo que provee este material, ni asumen responsabilidad por su contenido.]
- Fundraising materials from outside nonprofit organizations may not be distributed through Peachjar. ** Peachjar also may not be used to distribute materials that advocate the passage or defeat of any referendum question or advocate the passage or defeat of any matter pending before a local school board, a local governing body, the General Assembly of Virginia, or the Congress of the United States.
* “Nonprofit organizations” are defined as entities that have provided evidence of their nonprofit status, for federal tax purposes, to the Superintendent or designee. “Outside nonprofit organizations” are those nonprofits that do not meet the description of those groups listed in number one above.
** The prohibition against fundraising does not apply to nonprofit organizations whose sole purpose is to support the educational or extracurricular activities of the Arlington Public Schools, specifically the Arlington Outdoor Education Association, Friends of the David M. Brown Planetarium, and booster clubs that are sponsored by the Arlington Public Schools.
The complete Printed Materials Policy is available online at https://www.boarddocs.com/vsba/arlington/Board.nsf/files/AZ4U3C737A3A/$file/K-6%20Printed%20Materials.pdf. Please call the Department of School and Community Relations if you have any additional questions or need further assistance.
APS enthusiastically supports Peachjar because it aligns with the school division’s commitment to sustainability and environmental stewardship. We thank your for your partnership in that effort.
Find Peachjar flyers for your school:
- Arlington Career Center
- Arlington Community High School
- Arlington Science Focus
- Arlington Traditional
- Carlin Springs
- Drew Model
- H-B Woodlawn
- Long Branch
- New Directions