Arlington Public Schools is now accepting applications for secondary option schools/programs and neighborhood transfers until Friday, January 18, 2019, at 4 p.m. The process for applying to secondary option schools/programs and neighborhood transfers is available on the school options webpage. Beginning this year, all families will need to apply for the option schools or programs they are interested in every year to be included in the lottery, because waitlists reset annually after the lottery occurs. Families interested in applying to a secondary option school/program or neighborhood transfer should complete the Secondary School Options and Transfers Application through the online application portal.
The following is the application process timeline:
- January 10, 2019: The number of available neighborhood transfers is announced during the Superintendent’s Annual Enrollment Update.
- January 18, 2019: The Secondary Options and Transfers application closes.
- January 29, 2019: Lotteries for all secondary options and transfers applications will be held at the APS Welcome Center.
- February 5, 2019: Families will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the waitlist.
- February 22, 2019: Families must confirm or decline attendance to a school or program.
For additional information or questions about secondary school options and transfers, please contact the APS Welcome Center at 703-228-8000 or email@example.com.