Beginning Monday, May 11, APS will open two new grab-and-go meal sites at Barcroft and Glebe elementary schools, as part of an ongoing effort to provide children aged 2-18 with access to meals in a safe and sustainable way while schools are closed. Meals will be set up outside the building for distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday-Wednesday-Friday.
Free grab-and-go meals (lunch and breakfast) are being provided for all children ages 2-18 at the following nine locations:
- NEW beginning Monday, May 11: Glebe Elementary School — 1770 N. Glebe Rd.
- NEW beginning Monday, May 11: Barcroft Elementary School — 625 S. Wakefield St.
- Barrett Elementary School — 4401 N Henderson Rd.
- Campbell Elementary School — 737 S Carlin Springs Rd.
- Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School — 3500 S. 23rd St.
- Kenmore Middle School — 200 S. Carlin Springs Rd.
- Randolph Elementary School — 1306 S Quincy St.
- Hoffman-Boston Elementary School — 1415 S. Queen St.
- Key Elementary School — 2300 Key Blvd.
Families can pick up meals at the site closest to them. Any grab-and-go site open that has Free and Reduced Meals rates rate under 50% may close due to the expiration of a USDA waiver at the end of June unless extended or rescinded earlier.
The current APS sites are located strategically throughout the county and are within one mile of 90 percent of the free and reduced eligible students. As we continue to hear feedback from our families, and we continue to adjust to support our students.
Additional information regarding APS meal sites and other food resources for families, including a new Pandemic Electronic Bank Transfer (P-EBT) card, is available on the APS website.