March is Arts in the Schools Month and Arlington Public Schools invites the community to join in the celebration. Created in 1961, this is an annual observance to emphasize the value of arts education and to encourage support for quality school arts programs.
Throughout March, APS will hold a number of concerts, arts festivals, workshops, recitals, poetry readings and plays. A complete list of events is available in the Arts in the School Month brochure. Just a few of this month’s events include:
- March 8: Gunston Spring Play: The Rehearsal by Dan Zolidis, 7 p.m.
- March 9: Abingdon CETA Arts Integration Day
- March 12: Hoffman-Boston All School Show at Wakefield, 7 p.m.
- March 17: Thomas Jefferson Musical: Shrek, Jr, 2:30 p.m.
- March 22: Navy Band Concert at Yorktown, 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Allison Gilbert in the Arts Education Office at 703-228-6299, visit www.apsva.us/artseducation or follow us on Twitter @APSArts and join the conversation with #APSArtsInspires.