March is Arts in the Schools Month and Arlington Public Schools invites the community to join in the celebration. Created in 1961, this is an annual observance to emphasize the value of arts education and to encourage support for quality school arts programs.
Throughout March, APS will hold a number of concerts, arts festivals, workshops, recitals, poetry readings and plays. A complete list of events is available in the Arts in the School Month brochure.
Just a few of this month’s events include:
- March 6: Scholastic Arts Awards Exhibit, 6:30 p.m. at the Central Library
- March 9: APS Concert Band Assessment, 4 p.m. at Wakefield High School
- March 10-18: Signature in the Schools: Smile Lines (See brochure for times)
- March 21: Honors Concert: Jr. Band, Jr Orchestra, Elementary and Middle School Chorus, 7 p.m. at Kenmore
- March 30: W-L Jazz Festival
For more information, contact Allison Gilbert in the Arts Education Office at 703-228-6299, visit www.apsva.us/artseducation or follow us on Twitter @APSArts and join the conversation with #APSArtsInspires.