May is Employee Appreciation Month here at APS! Our staff are all heroes, from teachers to custodians to food service to bus drivers to Extended Day, assistants, principals, administrative staff, social workers — everyone has worked together tirelessly and with unflagging excellence during this pandemic year, all for the support and success of our APS students.
Our instructional assistants play a vital role in keeping the teaching wheel turning. ive (of many) reasons we love our teaching assistants: they offer one-on-one support, provide access for children, lend an extra set of eyes, take the pressure off of teachers, and help execute strategies. Thank you for your tirelessness in the classroom!
In May, we will celebrate all our employee groups:
- May 3-7: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5-6: Teaching Assistants
- May 7/10: Food Service Staff
- May 11-12: Extended Day Staff
- May 13-14: Bus Drivers & Attendants
- May 17-18: E-Scale Staff – ITCs, Coordinators, Project Managers, Analysts, etc.
- May 19-20: Custodial and Maintenance Staff
- May 21/24: Administrative Assistants
- May 25-26: Administrators and Supervisors