All Families Asked to Select a Model for Each Student by Mon, May 3
Updated April 28: Arlington Public Schools is offering families two choices for the 2021-22 school year: full in-person learning, five days per week; or a K-12 full distance learning program, five days per week.
In preparation, all families must complete the selection process, now available in ParentVUE, by Mon, May 3, for each student enrolled in APS. All families are asked to choose an instructional model and provide information regarding Transportation and Extended Day services. (Note: Extended Day registration will happen later this spring.) This information is vital for planning, staffing and preparing schedules for the new school year.
Information about both models, in-person learning and the K-12 full distance learning program, is available on our website, as well as in the “Resources & Links” tab in ParentVUE. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions are also provided on the APS website to assist families in making their choice.
The deadline for families to make their selections is Friday, April 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Once the window closes, your selection cannot be changed until the end of the first quarter for elementary students, and the end of the first semester for middle and high school students.
APS will continue to implement the recommended mitigation measures to provide the safest possible in-school experience, based on evolving guidance from U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
How to Complete the Selection Process
Families will need to complete the following steps in ParentVUE:
- Log in to ParentVUE with your username and password.
- As soon as you log in, you will be in the “Student Info” tab.
- On the top of the “Student Info” page, click “Edit Information.”
- Scroll to the middle of the “Student Info” edit page to select your choices for the instructional model and transportation questions.
- After selecting your choices, scroll to the top or the bottom of the page and click “Save Changes.”
- If you have multiple students, you will need to complete this process for each student, by selecting their name in the box located in the upper-left corner of the screen in ParentVUE.
To access ParentVUE and complete the process, visit: https://vue.apsva.us.
For additional information or assistance with accessing ParentVUE, families should contact the front office of their student’s school.