|First Day Packets Replaced with ParentVUE Verification||(En Español)|
For the 2019-20 school year, Arlington Public Schools will implement a new annual online verification process for updating and maintaining accurate student information. This will replace the First Day Packet students used to receive on the first day of school. The new annual online verification process will help APS streamline the way families verify their student’s information, ensure the accuracy of student information and save time and resources.
This new process will utilize ParentVUE, the online tool that most of our families are already familiar with and use regularly to track the latest information regarding their student. With online verification, families will now be able to update information for each of their students through their ParentVUE account at the start of school.
APS parents and guardians who already have an active ParentVUE account do not need to take any action at this time. Parents and guardians who do not have an active ParentVUE account will be receiving a ParentVUE activation key letter in the mail over the next one to two weeks. Each parent or guardian will need to have an active ParentVUE account to update information pertaining to them.
Benefits of Using ParentVUE
In addition to online verification, other benefits of using ParentVUE include the ability to:
- Access your student’s school and personal information from a computer or mobile device using the ParentVUE App;
- View your student’s daily attendance;
- Manage your contact information, as well as your student’s emergency contacts and phone numbers;
- Communicate with teachers via email on ParentVUE;
- Viewstudent class schedules and track grades currently for secondary students and in the 2019-29 school year for elementary students; and
- Update your contact information when it changes so you don’t miss important messages or
Over the next few months, families will receive additional information about the new annual online verification process that is replacing the First Day Packet. In the meantime, parents and guardians with questions may contact the main office at your student’s school.