Arlington Public Schools Wins National Communications Awards Arlington Public Schools and the Department of School and Community Relations earned 14 awards in the National School Public Relations Association’s (NSPRA) 2016 Publications and Electronic Media Contest. Publications and Electronic Media Contest – NSPRA’s Publications and Electronic Media Awards program recognizes outstanding education publications and electronic media programs. Entries were submitted in a number of categories, including video, newsletters, brochures, budget and PSAs.
- Award of Excellence – APS NewsCheck (Bi-weekly staff newsletter)
- Award of Excellence – Superintendent’s FY17 Proposed Budget-at-a-Glance
- Award of Excellence – The Citizen
- Award of Merit – WMS Creates Campaign Around Student with Tourette
- Award of Merit – APS NewsReview
- Award of Merit – Green Scene: Career Center Students Install Hybrid PV/Thermal Solar System on Washington, DC Residence
- Award of Merit – Snapshots – Snapshots Features Virginia Elementary School Counselor of the Year Kicks off National School Counseling Week
- Award of Merit – Partners In Action: A Space of Her Own
- Award of Merit – APS Black History Moments: Staff Members Respond to Black History Moments
- Award of Merit – Aspire to Excellence Diploma Options
- Award of Merit – 2014-15 Academic Highlights
- Award of Merit – 2014-15 Communities in Schools
- Honorable Mention – #digitalAPS – Showcases Digital Learning Plans for the Year Ahead
- Honorable Mention – Careers@APS
NSPRA provides school communication training and services to school leaders throughout the United States, Canada, and the U.S. Dependent Schools worldwide.