Seven APS students received awards at the Virginia State Science and Engineering Fair held this past weekend at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in Roanoke.
- Skylar Brodowski (Washington-Lee High School) – 2nd place in Animal Science
- Chloe Fugle (H-B Woodlawn Secondary Program) – 3rd place in Environmental Sciences
- James Licato (Washington-Lee High School) – 3rd place in Environmental Management
- Nathan Snyder (Yorktown High School) – Honorable Mention in Plant Sciences
- David Day (Yorktown High School) – Intel Excellence in Computer Science
- James Licato (Washington-Lee High School) – Stockholm Junior Water Prize
- Katharine Schlachter (Wakefield High School) – Yale Science and Engineering Association