Earlier this month, the Arlington County Council of Parent Teacher Associations (CCPTA) announced the 2018-19 State-Level Reflections contest winners. Sponsored by the CCPTA, Reflections is a nationwide contest that encourages students to create works in various arts categories. This year’s theme was “Heroes Around Me,” and several APS students representing a variety of arts categories and grade levels were recognized in the state contest, including:
- Madison McBeth, Arlington County Montessori School – Outstanding Interpretation in Music Composition
- Mason Mirabile, Discovery Elementary School – Outstanding Interpretation in Film Production
- Charlie Whiteman, McKinley Elementary School – Award of Excellence in Dance Choreography
- Grace Fettig, Williamsburg Middle School – Award of Excellence in Dance Choreography:
- Marwan Mohamed, Wakefield High School – Award of Excellence in Film Production
- Andrea Rocha, Kenmore Middle School, Award of Merit in Literature
Congratulations to all the Arlington students who advanced to this level. Top category winners, Madison McBeth (Music Composition) and Mason Mirabile (Film Production), will advance to represent Arlington at the national-level Reflections contest.
As a reminder, for those students that were awarded “Outstanding Interpretation of the Theme” at the county contest and moved onto the district contest, there will be another awards ceremony for the district level competition on April 8th at Thomas Jefferson High School. Learn more about the Reflections Contest.