Did you know that W-2s for 2016 were mailed on January 25, 2017?
Human Resources and Payroll are currently receiving a lot of calls and emails regarding W-2s for 2016. Please know that the W-2s were made available to view online(STARS) on January 21, 2017, and were physically mailed out on January 25, 2017.
In order to complete processing for 2016 W-2s, Payroll needed establish a cutoff date, and that was January 17, 2017. Unless the employee (active, retiree, or former) had mail forwarding through US Postal Service, all W-2s were mailed to the address currently on their record.
What do the boxes mean?
To understand about what the totals mean for each of the boxes populated on your W-2 please click here for a comprehensive view, or see the below:
- BOX 14 CODE PREM – Vision (New), Health and Dental Premiums
- BOX 12 CODE 12C – Imputed Income (Tax premium on any life insurance paid over $50k – IRS regulation)
- BOX 14 CODE RET – Retirement Plan (ACERS, VRS EE and VRS Buy Back)
- BOX 12 CODE 12E – TSA (403B Tax Shelter Plan)
- BOX 12 CODE 12G – 457 plan
- BOX 14 CODE FMS – Flex Medical Spending
- BOX 14 BOX CTB – Car Taxable Benefit
- BOX 10 – Flex Dependent
- BOX 14 CODE LTC – Long Term Care Premiums Paid
W-2 Reprint Requests for 2016 and Prior Years
Please know that Payroll will fulfill W-2 reprint requests on or after February 15, 2017. Please send this link as it contains our Reprint Request Form:
What if my W-2 is incorrect?
Please advise your employee to contact Payroll directly to discuss this. Payroll will determine if a W-2C(Corrected W-2) is necessary and will provide a W-2C as applicable.
If you or your staff have further questions about W-2s, always feel free to contact your Payroll rep and/or refer to the url below from the Payroll webpage regarding W-2s:
Thanks for all you do!