Applications Open Through February 26
Dominion Energy is accepting applications for grants supporting environmental education and stewardship. The deadline for submission of all grant applications for this initiative is Mon, Feb. 26.Contact
Dominion Energy to Award $1 Million in Environmental Education and Stewardship Grants
- Now accepting applications for grants of up to $25,000 each; Recipients to be announced in April
- Projects should focus on environmental education or stewardship
- K-12 schools can now apply for grants up to $5,000 each
Dominion Energy announced that it will provide $1 million in environmental grants this year through the Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation. The competitive program is designed to support specific short-term projects by nonprofit organizations and schools working to improve the environment and provide environmental education experiences in communities served by Dominion Energy.
Also, public and private K-12 schools in eligible regions can apply for classroom grants of up to $5,000 each for environmental education programs. Eligible organizations in Connecticut, Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and other areas within Dominion Energy’s footprint can submit applications through Feb. 26. Recipients will be announced in April. Dominion will consider grant requests that focus on one or more of the following priorities:
- Educating students and the public about environmental stewardship
- Protecting and preserving natural habitats
- Improving open spaces and making nature accessible
For details and online application, visit: www.dominionenergy.com/envirogrants contact or Dominion Energy Services, Inc. 571-203-5015.