Later this fall, work will begin to develop the School Board’s new six-year Strategic Plan for Arlington Public Schools. The plan will define the mission, vision and core values, and articulate goals and aspirations for students, staff, and APS as a whole. We are looking for volunteers to help APS and the School Board develop the new Strategic Plan.
The community will have several opportunities to participate, at varying levels, throughout the process.
- In late September through October, APS will gather the hopes and expectations of parents, community members, teachers, administrators, staff, and students through focus groups and an online feedback form.
- A steering committee with 20 members will lead the development of the new Strategic Plan. Members will represent diverse parent, staff, student and community perspectives and interests. The group will meet regularly through the school year to:
- Review the mission, vision and core values,
- Develop a framework for the Strategic Plan based on community input,
- Draft a proposed plan with goals, overarching strategies and desired outcomes,
- Seek community feedback on the proposed plan before recommending a plan to the School Board.
- There will be several opportunities throughout the year for the individuals and advisory committees to weigh in on the Strategic Planning committee’s proposals. A timeline and details will be shared in late September, with reminders as the work progresses.
All information will be included on the Engage with APS! webpage www.apsva.us/engage/. If you’re interested in volunteering, APS is accepting applications through 11 p.m. on Mon, Sept. 25. Please click here to complete the questionnaire. If you have problems accessing the form, contact Amy Ramirez at 703- 228-2481.
If the link does not work, copy the following address and paste it in your browser to access the questionnaire. https://survey.k12insight.com/r/YzzJnK