We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration caused by the technical issues with the Extended Day registration system. We appreciate that you need Extended Day because of your busy schedules and thank you for taking the time to register your child(ren).
- Our vendor has corrected the issues and if you have not submitted your registration information, please do so.
- If you have already submitted registration information and received a confirmation e-mail, you do not need to register again.
- Over the next several weeks, the submitted registrations will be reviewed and you will receive an e-mail confirmation of enrollment.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have questions or concerns, please e-mail the Extended Day office at: email@example.com
(Español) Extended Day registration for Summer School and the 2018-19 school year begins May 1 at 8 a.m. Registration can be conducted online from any location with an internet connection (computer, tablet, smart phone). The Extended Day Office (2110 Washington Blvd.) will be open at 8 a.m. for those needing assistance with their account or for access to a computer.
Registration continues after May 1 and is on-going. However, students are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis and some programs reach capacity. Thus, we encourage registration as soon as possible to avoid possibly being placed on a waitlist.
Before May 1:
To prepare for registration please do the following before May 1:
- Existing Extended Day Families make sure you can log on to their Family Account.
- Update your personal information.
- After updating your information, click Registration at the top of the page. If you do not have all the required information for each student, a warning box will appear letting you know what information is missing.
- New families make sure you have the following information on registration day: work address for parents, address and phone numbers for emergency contacts.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 703-228-6069 if you need assistance.
Registration can be completed and submitted online at:
- Returning Extended Day Families: https://apsfamily.schoolcareworks.com
- New Families: https://aps.schoolcareworks.com/reg_aps/start_registration.jsp
- Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Some programs fill up, so please register as soon as possible.
- Registration must be conducted annually.
- Summer School Extended Day services are only available for students who are enrolled in an APS Elementary Summer School program.
- Students new to APS, may not yet have a Student ID number. In this case, please enter the student’s first and last name where the Student ID number is requested.
- Parents can register for Extended Day services before you are approved for a County-wide school placement by indicating the school you wish your student to attend. Subsequently, we can transfer your Extended Day registration, if necessary.
- Students must be four years old by September 30 (for Summer School students must be 5 years old by September 30)
- Parents/guardians must be working, in school or incapacitated.
- Current Extended Day Family Accounts must have a $0 balance prior to students being enrolled.
- The annual registration fee is $40 for one student; $30 for each additional student.
- Extended Day fees are on a sliding scale based on a family’s gross annual household income.
- Registration fees are not due at the time of registration.
- Extended Day fees for summer and the upcoming school year will be posted after the School Board approves the FY 2018 Budget.