Financial Aid Session Scheduled for High School Students Arlington Public Schools high school students and their parents or guardians are invited to join Congressman Jim Moran for a discussion on how to make college more affordable on Mon, March 4 from 7-9 p.m. at Wakefield High School (4901 S. Chesterfield Rd.). “Making College Affordable: Financing Your Education” provides families an opportunity to ask questions, receive advice on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms, and learn about options to finance education. Attendees will be able to talk with representatives from:
- U.S. Department of Education,
- Sallie Mae,
- Federal Trade Commission,
- Northern Virginia Community College,
- Project Discovery,
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC),
- Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators, and
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech).
For more information and to RSVP, contact Krysta Jones at Krysta.Jones@mail.house.gov. Although registering is not required it is encouraged.