Updated Oct. 1: APS to deliver meals to 10 additional locations
School meals are free for all children 18 and under
Beginning Tue, Sept. 8, Arlington Public Schools will serve free meals for all children 18 and under at 21 school locations. Food will be available for all students 18 and under, and families are encouraged to pick up meals Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., at the school most convenient and closest to them. Pick up is easy, safe and no student ID will be required to pick up meals. During the first week of school, meals will be distributed Tues, Sept. 8, as well as Wed, Sept. 9 and Fri, Sept. 11.
In addition, APS will also provide meal delivery and distribution to 10 locations throughout the County using APS vehicles. Meals will be served at these locations, using established safety protocols, by APS food services staff, according to the same schedule from 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Updated Oct. 1: Meal delivery locations include:
- *Myer Heights Park, 1400 Fort Myer Dr. Last day for drop off at this location is Fri, Oct. 2
- Greenbrier Baptist Church, 5401 7th Rd S
- *Key Elementary School, 2300 Key Blvd Key will be a meal site instead of a delivery location beginning Mon, Oct. 5
- Lee Community Center, 5722 Lee Hwy
- Upton Hill Regional Park for Patrick Henry Apartments, 6060 Wilson Blvd
- *Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd. Last day for drop off at this location is Fri, Oct. 2
- Virginia Highlands Park, 1600 S Hayes St
- Woodbury Park, 2306 11th St N
- *Columbia Grove, 1010 S. Frederick St. Begins Wed, Sept. 9
- *Walter Reed Community Center, 2909 16th S Begins Wed, Sept. 9
Please note that hot meals are currently only being served at the school meal sites. The bus drop-off locations are only serving cold meals.
Updated Oct. 1: School Meal Sites
When APS resumes meal distribution on Sept. 8, there will be 21 school locations to better serve families during the school year. Families can choose to pick up meals at the location closest to them. The locations include:
- Abingdon Elementary School, 3035 South Abingdon St.
- Arlington Career Center, 816 S. Walter Reed Dr.
- Arlington Traditional School, 855 N. Edison Street
- Ashlawn Elementary School, 5950 8th Rd. N.
- Barcroft Elementary School, 625 S. Wakefield Street
- Barrett Elementary School, 4401 N. Henderson Rd.
- Campbell Elementary School, 737 S. Carlin Springs Rd.
- Carlin Springs Elementary School, 5995 5th Road S.
- Dr. Charles R. Drew Elementary School, 3500 South 23rd St.
- Glebe Elementary School, 1770 N. Glebe Rd.
- Gunston Middle School, 2700 S. Lang Street
- Hoffman-Boston Elementary School, 1415 S. Queen St.
- Jefferson Middle School, 125 South Old Glebe Road
- Kenmore Middle School, 200 S. Carlin Springs Rd.
- Key Elementary School, 2300 Key Blvd Key will be a meal site instead of a delivery location beginning Mon, Oct. 5
- *Long Branch Elementary School, 33 N. Filmore St. Service begins Mon, Oct. 5
- Randolph Elementary School, 1306 S. Quincy St.
- Swanson Middle School, 5800 N. Washington Blvd.
- The Heights, 1601 Wilson Blvd.
- Wakefield High School, 1325 S. Dinwiddie Street
- Washington-Liberty High School, 1301 N Stafford St.
- Yorktown High School, 5200 Yorktown Blvd.
The Summer Meal Program has been extended by the USDA through Dec. 31. All students 18 and under will continue to receive free meals at all sites. Families should still complete a Free and Reduced-Price Meal application.
Additional details are available online at https://www.apsva.us/school-year-2020-21/meal-services/.