FY 2014 Budget: County & Schools Joint Community Forum County Manager Barbara Donnellan and Superintendent Pat Murphy invite the public to a joint forum on strategies for balancing the FY 2014 budgets. Although our economic situation is stronger than most in the nation – and our real estate values are holding – Arlington County and Arlington Public Schools together face a $25-50 million budget gap for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013. The County Manager and the Superintendent will need to make some difficult decisions. They are seeking community input as they work to balance their proposed budgets to be presented to the Arlington County Board and School Board, respectively, in February 2013. What: County & Schools Joint Community Forum to discuss the FY 2014 Budget When: Thursday, November 29 – 7-9 p.m. Where: Washington-Lee High School Cafeteria 1301 N. Stafford St., Arlington, VA Getting There:
- Free parking on the I-66 parking deck behind Washington-Lee (enter on 15th Street) and some parking may be available in the Education Center lot and on the street.
- Washington-Lee High School is accessible from both the Virginia Square and Ballston Metro stations (Orange line).
- Metrobus 38B and ART 41, 42, 75.
- Capital Bikeshare station is about a block and a half away, at Central Library.
- For real-time, interactive transit options, visit Car-Free Diet.
Translation Services: If you require translation services in Sign Language, Spanish, or other languages, call the County Manager’s Office, 703-228-3120 or the Department of School and Community Relations, 703-228-6005 – at least three days prior to the meeting – to make the request. Can’t Make It?