The Arlington School Board’s July schedule of Board Meetings, Work Sessions, and Advisory Council and Committee Meetings is now available. This schedule is subject to change with advance notice provided on the APS website. Contact the School Board Office for more information at 703-228-6015.
July School Board Meetings
School Board meetings start at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted. School Board meetings can be viewed live online or on Comcast Channel 70 or Verizon Channel 41. Agendas and additional information are available in BoardDocs.
The School Board provides opportunity for public comment on non-agenda and agenda items at regularly-scheduled Board meetings. You can sign up to speak at meetings in advance on the APS website or at the School Board meeting. Please review the School Board adopted School Board Guidelines for Public Comment to help prepare to speak at a meeting.
- Citizens have up to two (2) minutes to speak.
- Citizen comment on non-agenda items will not be announced prior to 7 p.m.
- The time allowed per speaker may be reduced by the Chair if circumstances warrant (such as an unusually large number of citizens speaking on a particular topic).
- Speakers may not speak more than once on a specific topic.
Mon, July 2 Organizational Meeting and School Board Meeting
12 p.m. Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd. (2nd Floor)
Tue, July 17 School Board Meeting
7 p.m. Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd. (2nd Floor)
School Board Open Office Hours
* NOTE: Open Office Hours are not held when school is not in session, such as during Winter or Spring Break, or over the summer. The schedule for Open Office Hours for the 2018-19 school year will be posted after the July 2 organizational meeting.