Families are now able to register kindergarten students for the 2021-22 school year by using the Online Registration Process. Families unable to complete the registration process online are able to register by using the Student Registration Document Drop Off Process.
Families can determine their neighborhood school by using the Boundary (Attendance Area) Locator and are encouraged to register before the end of the current school year to help schools prepare and plan for incoming kindergarten students.
Families interested in attending an option school or program are currently able to apply online until Thursday, April 15, 2021, at 4 p.m. The process for applying to pre-K and elementary option schools and programs is available on the school options webpage.
As a reminder, all families will need to apply for the option schools or programs they are interested in every year to be included in the lottery because waitlists reset annually after the lottery occurs. Families interested in applying to a pre-K or elementary option school or program should complete an application through the online application portal.
The following is the pre-K and elementary option schools and programs application process timeline:
- April 15, 2021: The application for pre-K and elementary option schools and programs closes.
- April 22, 2021: Lotteries for all elementary option schools and programs will be held by the APS Welcome Center.
- April 23, 2021: Lotteries for all pre-K programs will be held by the APS Welcome Center.
- April 30, 2021: Families will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the waitlist.
- May 14, 2021: Families must confirm or decline attendance to an option school or program.
For additional information or questions about the registration process or pre-K and elementary option schools and programs, please contact the APS Welcome Center at 703-228-8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.