The Board approved the following items:
- Changes to the Dual Language Immersion Program Model
- One-time Employee Bonus Payment
- Fall 2022 Elementary Boundary Update
- Revisions to School Board Policies J- 5.4 Leaving School Grounds, J- 6.3.6 Prohibited Substance Use, J- 6.3.8 No Tobacco Policy, J- 6.7 Search and Seizure, J- 7.4 Student Code of Conduct, K- 7.3 No Smoking Policy, and M-1 Reporting Serious Incidents
The School Board appointed Mark McLaughlin as the Director of Finance, Department of Finance and Management Services. McLaughlin is currently the Senior Manager, Grants, Contracts and Compliance, American Association for the Advancement of Science. His appointment begins March 14.
The Board discussed the following items.
- Revisions to School Board Policy B-3.7.30 Legal Representation
- Revision to School Board Policy I-1.32 Standards and Requirements, I-6 Curriculum, I-7.2.1 Special Education Programs and Services
- Revisions to SB Policy J-6.8.1 Student Safety – Bullying/ Harassment Prevention
Next School Board Meeting:
The School Board will hold its next regular meeting (2110 Washington Blvd.) on Thu., March 24 at 7 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
Masks are required in Board Meetings until further notice.
For More Information:
Community members who want to comment on any items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at email@example.com or call 703-228-6015.School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon Fios Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes will be posted to the website at www.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.