March is Arts in the Schools Month and Arlington Public Schools invites the community to join in the celebration. Created in 1961, this is an annual observance to emphasize the value of arts education and to encourage support for quality school arts programs.
Throughout March, APS will hold a number of concerts, arts festivals, workshops, recitals, poetry readings and plays. A complete list of events is available in the Arts in the School Month brochure.
Just a few of this month’s events include:
- March 7: Yorktown Theatre II: In a Strange Land
- March 7: HBW Theatre Rep: Painted Rain w/ BlueKettle
- March 13: Jamestown Musical
- March 14: Gunston Spring play
- March 19: IB Art Exhibition @W-L Little Theater
- March 30: Apprentice Showcase and Art Exhibit (Shirlington Library)
For more information, contact Allison Gilbert in the Arts Education Office at 703-228-6299, visit www.apsva.us/artseducation or follow us on Twitter @APSArts and join the conversation with #APSArtsGreat.