Monday, September 19, 2022
SEPTEMBER is SUICIDE PREVENTION AWARENESS MONTH
Learn more at: https://www.apsva.us/post/september-is-suicide-prevention-month/
This week, the Arlington Special Education Advisory Committee (ASEAC) will hold its first 2022-23 monthly meeting on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 7pm. Details and information are included on our Events page at www.apsva.us/prc-events. To learn more about ASEAC, please visit: https://www.apsva.us/special-education-advisory-committee/
- facilitates events and resources relating to special education services and learning differences in the Arlington Public Schools (APS) system and Arlington community
- provides a voice of advocacy for the good of our children and families
- supports APS teachers and administrators to achieve the best outcomes for students with special needs, including mini-grants for educators
- raises awareness and acceptance of disabilities and special needs, and
- hosts social events with for special needs families
EXECUTIVE BOARD VACANCIES
Consider joining SEPTA’s Executive Board. There are currently three open positions, and the duties of each position can be flexible and split between more than one person. If you are interested in joining SEPTA’s Executive Board please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VP Communications – Works in coordination with the President on the design, production and distribution of SEPTA communications to parents, staff, students and community. This VP is responsible for content and maintenance of the PTA website, for utilization of social media and for preparation of any general purpose PTA flyers.
- VP Fundraising – Responsible for all aspects of fundraising initiatives including SEPTA’s annual Phantom Ball, annual online holiday Auction, Marketplace Meals, restaurant fundraising nights, and other opportunities as they arise.
- Awards Chair – Oversees the planning and coordination of Arlington SEPTA’s Spring Excellence Awards including the nominating process, coordination of nomination reviewers, communication with nominees, presenters, and APS staff, and ceremony logistics. Duties of this position mostly run from March through May.
PARENT LIAISON VACANCIES
SEPTA and the Parent Resource Center work together to provide a liaison to each school in the district.
- Liaisons support and encourage the flow of information between each of the schools, the PRC, SEPTA and the community.
- Liaisons serve as points of contact for families interested in connecting with another parent of a child with special needs in individual schools.
We are currently seeking Liaisons for:
- Little Beginnings
- Carlin Springs
- Alice West Fleet
Interested in volunteering or learning more? Contact email@example.com.
SEPTA Mini-Grants for Educators
Arlington SEPTA is awarding educator mini-grants of up to $500 to worthy projects that positively influence and enhance student learning. Applications currently being accepted thru October 4th. Apply at: https://www.arlingtonsepta.org/mini-grants/ , and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
View MiniGrants 2022 Flyer