School Board Member Barbara Kanninen will host virtual Open Office Hours on Mon, April 5 from 5-7 p.m.
The Board does not host Open Office Hours during Spring Break. Open Office Hours will be utilized as a forum for Board members to listen to comments and concerns. Each Board member will share what they heard during Open Office Hours with the entire Board and the Superintendent. After reviewing community feedback and careful consideration of concerns, the Board recognizes that the open meeting format is not always a productive medium for participants to share their comments. Starting with the April 5 Open Office Hours, Board members will meet individually with participants to ensure everyone has the same opportunity to share their opinions.
To participate, individuals must sign up ahead of time using the SignUpGenius link below and select a time slot for an individual meeting with Dr. Kanninen. The sign-up link will be available until 3 p.m. on April 5. This is the process the Board will follow for Open Office Hours moving forward.
Before Open Office Hours:
- To participate in Open Office Hours on April 5 you must sign up via the SignUpGenius link (removed on April 5 at 3:01 PM)
- There are 26 individual slots to accommodate participants during the Open Office Hours timeframe
- Staff will send an invitation for a Microsoft Teams meeting two hours before the meeting
- For assistance using Microsoft Teams, visit https://www.apsva.us/digital-learning/digital-learning-device-help/teams/
During Open Office Hours:
- Participants will have 2 minutes to address the Board member
- At the end of the 2 minutes, the individual meeting will end so that the Board member can move on to the next participant
- Participants are expected to be courteous, respectful, and mindful of the 2-minute timeframe. If a participant is disruptive, it may be necessary for the Board member to end the meeting early
- The chat feature will be turned off
After Open Office Hours:
- Participants are welcome to share their comments in writing by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of remarks will be distributed to all Board members.
If a community member prefers a private conversation with Dr. Kanninen regarding a confidential matter, please call 703-228-6015 or email email@example.com and include your name, phone number, and reference Open Office Hours.
The School Board Office staff will help to schedule a meeting. The upcoming schedule for Open Office Hours is posted on the Open Office Hours web page. Please contact the School Board Office at 703-228-6015 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.