The number of middle and high school slots available for neighborhood transfers is now available. As a reminder to families, Secondary School Options and Transfers Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Fri, Jan. 18. Additional information about options and transfers is available here.
Middle School Transfers and Options
Slots Available for Middle School Transfers
For the 2019-20 school year, students will be selected by lottery in the following order:
- First choice given to rising Grade 8 students (currently in Grade 7) who applied by Dec. 3 to remain at their current middle school for the 2019-20 school year.
- Second choice will be given to rising Grade 7 (currently in Grade 6) who applied to remain at their current middle school.
- Gunston, Jefferson, Kenmore and Swanson do not have room to take additional applicants at this time.
- All transfer seats at Hamm are limited to rising Grade 6 students (currently in Grade 5).
- All remaining seats at Williamsburg will be allocated to all other applicants.
All students accepting transfers must provide their own transportation to and from school. Transfer waitlists will be maintained through May 1, 2019 for each school if space becomes available on or before that date. If slot becomes available at a school, families will be notified by the APS Welcome Center.
|School||Number of seats|
|Hamm||50 (rising grade 6 students only)|
Middle School Option Schools & Programs
- Gunston – The Immersion & Montessori Programs will accept all students who will be continuing in the program and completed an Intent-to-Return form.
- H-B Woodlawn Grade 6 = 75 total slots for grade 6 will be allocated as follows:
|Elementary School||Proposed allocation of lottery seats for 2019-20|
|Students Not Currently Enrolled in APS *||1|
* Includes students who live in Arlington County but are not currently enrolled in APS.
High School Neighborhood Transfers & Options High School Transfers
All students accepting transfers must provide their own transportation to and from school.
- Wakefield = 15
- Washington-Lee = No neighborhood transfers available for 2019-20
- Yorktown = 70
High School Option Schools & Programs
- Arlington Tech = 150
- H-B Woodlawn Grade 9 = 26 slots for Grade 9 will be allocated as follows:
- 4 for Gunston
- 5 for Jefferson
- 4 for Kenmore
- 6 for Swanson
- 6 for Williamsburg
- 1 for Students Not Currently Enrolled in APS
- Wakefield – Immersion at Wakefield will accept all students who will be continuing in the program and completed an Intent-to-Return form.
- Wakefield – AP Network = 60
- Washington-Lee International Baccalaureate = 70