April 28 School Board meeting summary.
The School Board approved the following items:
- Revisions to School Board Policies B-3.6.30 School Board Advisory Committees, B-3.6.34 School Board Health Advisory Committee, and B-3.6.35 Student Advisory Board
- Arlington Career Center Concept Design
The following appointments were approved:
- Bridget Loft named Swanson Middle School Principal
- Frances Lee named Ashlawn Elementary School Principal
- Joanne Uyeda named interim Chief Academic Officer
- Revisions to School Board Policies J-51.30 Attendance and J-5.1.31 Full-Day Attendance
- School Start Times
- Collective Bargaining Resolution
Next School Board Meeting:
The School Board will hold a Public Hearing on its FY23 Proposed Budget on May 5 at 7 p.m. The School Board will hold its next regular meeting (2110 Washington Blvd.) on Thu., May 12 at 7 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
For More Information:
Community members who want to comment on any items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at email@example.com or call 703-228-6015.School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon Fios Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes will be posted to the website at www.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.