May 12 School Board meeting summary.
The School Board approved the following items:
The Board approved the following appointments:
- Jeannette Allen – Director of Secondary Education
- Tyrone Byrd – Director of Diversity, Equity and inclusion
- Laurel Cerrud – Assistant Principal, Oakridge Elementary School
- Yvonne Dangerfield – Outdoor Lab Administrator
- Latisha Ellis – Assistant Principal, Williamsburg Middle School
- Scott McKeown – Assistant Principal, Swanson Middle School
- Crystal Moore – Assistant Principal, Dorothy Hamm Middle School
- Laura Porter – Assistant Principal, Yorktown High School
- Erika Sanchez – Assistant Principal, Escuela Key Elementary School
- Inga Schoenbrun – Assistant Principal, Arlington Traditional School
- Arlington Career Center Schematic Design Architecture and Engineering Fee
- Superintendent’s Proposed FY 2023-32 Capital Improvement Plan
Next School Board Meeting:
The School Board will hold its next regular meeting (2110 Washington Blvd.) on Thu., May 26 at 7 p.m. The agenda will be posted one week before the meeting on BoardDocs.
For More Information:
Community members who want to comment on any items discussed at the School Board meeting should email the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-228-6015.School Board meetings are also broadcast live on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon Fios Channel 41; live-streamed on the APS website, and re-broadcast on Fridays at 9 p.m. and Mondays at 7:30 p.m. immediately following the meeting. All materials and minutes will be posted to the website at www.apsva.us/schoolboard upon School Board approval at a subsequent meeting.