Registration for Summer School begins on Wednesday, March 1. Arlington Public Schools provides a variety of summer programs for students in Pre-K through Grade 12 during summer 2017. Most classes run from Ju1y 10 – August 11.
Students should register at the schools they are attending during the 2016-17 school year by 4 p.m. on the day of the relevant deadline. Please see the Summer School catalog for information on reduced fees and your school principal for need-based scholarships.
Non-APS students must register through the Summer School Office at the Syphax Education Center at 2110 Washington Blvd. Out-of-county fees apply for non-residents. Registration forms will not be accepted after the posted registration deadlines.
Important Summer School registration deadlines are listed below.
Friday, April 7
Registration closes for:
- Elementary and Middle School Outdoor Lab Programs
Friday, May 5Registration closes for:
- All Elementary Programs, Pre-K –5
- High School New Work for Credit Courses including Driver Education
- Secondary Countywide Special Education Programs except as noted below
Friday, June 9
Registration closes for:
- All Middle School Programs except as noted above
- High School Make-Up and Strengthening Programs (including SOL English 11 Writing Course)
- High School AP Summer Bridge and Intro to Advanced Courses
- Arlington Career Center Enrichment Program (See https://careercenter.apsva.us/enrichment/ for details)
- Stratford and Extended School Year Programs
- New students who are pre-registered to attend APS schools in fall 2017 (excludes regular and SPED Pre-K, Work for Credit and Driver Education)
Monday, June 26
Late Registration for current APS Middle and High School students only who need to repeat a class will be held at the Syphax Education Center on June 26 from 8 AM to 7 PM. New Work for Credit registrations will not be accepted.
Program fees are due at the time of registration and are non-refundable except under very limited circumstances. Transportation for secondary programs will only be offered before first and after second period; secondary students who register for one period only will not be allowed to stay at school when they do not have a class, and will need to arrange alternative mid-day transportation. Information on Arlington County transit options is available at arlingtontransit.com. Elementary students who attend an out of boundary school during the school year will not be provided with transportation in the summer unless they attend a countywide special education or enrichment program.
A teacher signature is required on all registration forms for students at all grade levels to help ensure appropriate placement. A counselor signature is also required on all new work for credit registrations. Eighth grade English, Math and Physical Science are only open to students who fail these courses during the year. Elementary strengthening courses in Math and Language Arts are open only to students who are currently failing a course, who previously failed an SOL, or who are specifically recommended by their teacher for remediation.
For additional information, please see the Summer School Catalog and Frequently Asked Questions which are available online at www.apsva.us/summerschool under Instruction.
For more information, contact the Summer School office at 703- 228-7645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.