As final preparations are being made for the start of the 2021-22 school year, Transportation is finalizing bus routes and stops for all eligible students. Here are important updates regarding transportation services and what to expect on the school bus when school starts on August 30.
Bus Schedules Available on Tues, Aug. 24
- Final bus schedules will be posted in ParentVUE on Tuesday, Aug. 24.
- Schedules are located in the Student Information Tab in ParentVUE, under Instructional Choice. Under Instructional Choice, scroll down to pick-up and drop-off information. Click here for details on how to access ParentVUE. A School Talk will be sent next week to notify families when the schedules are available.
- To check your student’s eligibility for bus transportation, please view our bus eligibility zones and maps online. If you have additional questions about eligibility, please call the transportation call center for assistance.
What to Expect on the School Bus
- APS will operate with normal bus capacity and follow normal procedures. Properly fitted masks are required for everyone on school buses and inside schools.
- There will be no temperature checks or verification of health screening completion upon arrival at the bus or school. Families will continue to receive the daily Qualtrics Symptom Screener as a reminder to complete health screening with their children prior to arrival at the bus, and to check temperatures daily. Please keep students home if they are sick.
- Plan to arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes early and plan to stay 10 minutes after the planned pickup time. Thank you for your patience during the first week back as drivers adjust to the routes.
Hub Stops for Option Schools
As a reminder, APS will be using hub stops for option schools to shorten trips to and from school and improve efficiency and reliability. Read more about hub stops.
Stay Safe Out There!
Watch the video message below from APS and the Arlington County Police Department with safety reminders for drivers and the community as students head back to school and there are more vehicles on the road and more pedestrians in the crosswalks.
Transportation Call Center
For questions, contact the call center at 703-228-8670 or 703-228-6640. Call center hours are 6 a.m.-6 p.m. weekdays excluding holidays. Families can also contact Transportation by email at email@example.com.
Transportation Services is committed to providing safe, reliable bus service to all eligible students in the upcoming school year. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we return in person and resume normal schedules, starting on Monday, August 30.