School Begins Mon, Aug. 29! APS is ready and excited to welcome back students and families, and to meet every student by name, strength and need.
- NEW SCHOOL START AND END TIMES: Changes to some school start and end times will take effect for the new school year. Review the schedule for your school.
- NEW ACADEMIC RESOURCES: This year, APS will introduce new Mathematics and Reading/English Language Arts resources, and will launch a 24/7 virtual on-demand tutoring service for all secondary (6-12 grade) students.
- SCHOOL SAFETY & SECURITY: Certified and trained School Safety Coordinators (SSCs) will be onsite daily at every middle and high school to help secure schools and buildings. SSCs will also rotate to support the 25 elementary schools. APS also invested over $5 million dollars in safety and security enhancements such as: lock and door hardware, new public address systems, new emergency alerts, school lockdown buttons, improved transportation radio infrastructure, and more.
- COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: APS will continue to follow CDC guidance to maintain safe and healthy schools and will continue offering free COVID testing weekly for students and staff. You must OPT IN to participate in the testing, even if you participated last year. More Info
- BREAKFAST AND LUNCH: APS will offer healthy meals at a reasonable price:
- Elementary and Secondary Breakfast: $1.80
- Elementary Lunch: $3.10
- Secondary Lunch: $3.20
- MySchoolBucks online payment system
- Families can apply for free/reduced price meals using our online application. Students attending Barcroft, Drew, Carlin Springs, Randolph, and Barrett receive free meals because these schools qualify for community eligibility provision.
- CODE OF CONDUCT: APS has revised and expanded the Student Code of Conduct to include new behavioral expectations and consequences. Families must review the 2022-23 Code of Conduct and acknowledge review as part of the annual Back to School Verification process in ParentVUE.
- Review the 2022-23 School Year Calendar for important dates, including holidays, parent-teacher conferences, and more.
- September Back-to-School Nights – In Person!
- 8 Elementary School
- 13 Middle School
- 21 High School
- 22 H-B Woodlawn & Arlington Community High School
- 29 Career Center/ Arlington Tech
New to APS?
- Register your child online or in person before the start of school.
- Only students new to APS need to register.
- View registration step-by-step instructions online.
- View the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct
Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP)
(AOVP) allows families to review and update vital student, parent, and emergency contact information, and view important policies, authorizations, and resources.
- AOVP can completed online between August 22 and October 31 through PARENTVUE.
- Families that do not have computer or internet access can contact their child’s school for assistance.
Health Forms and Immunizations
Ensure your child has completed all required health forms and immunizations before the start of school!
- New elementary students need: School Health Entrance Health Form
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Form
- Rising 7th graders need:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)
- Meningococcal (MenACWY)
- First dose HPV vaccine
- Rising 12th graders need:
- Meningococcal (MenACWY) booster (given after age 16)
For more information, contact your school’s nurse or your child’s primary care physician.
- Contact the Family Info Line, 703-228-8000, for assistance or questions on:
- Transportation, Registration/Option Schools, Extended Day, Food Services, Technical Support, General Inquiries
- Follow us on Facebook, Facebook en Español, Twitter and Instagram
- Receive alerts and updates through the School Talk instant message and email system.
- HOW TO ACCESS PARENTVUE