posted August 17
If a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19, immediate notification is required so that the school can take actions to prevent the spread. Details are as follows:
- Students and staff who are fully vaccinated (two weeks past their final dose) are exempt from quarantine unless they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. If the vaccinated students or staff develop COVID-19 symptoms, it is recommended that they get tested.
- Per updated guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a student who is within 3 to 6 feet of a positive case is not considered a close contact as long as both students are wearing masks and the school has other prevention strategies in place.
- Unvaccinated students determined to be in immediate proximity (within 6 feet) to the positive case will be considered a close contact and will be excluded/quarantined.
- Unvaccinated students and staff who have been exposed to COVID-19 must quarantine for 7 days, and may return to school on day 8 as long as they receive a negative COVID-19 test on days 5-7.
- Unless the student or staff member receives a negative test, they must quarantine for a longer period of 14 days from the date that symptoms develop. Individuals who choose not to get tested will be required to complete the entire 14-day quarantine.