Registration for Arlington Public Schools’ Whole Child Conference is now open!
The Whole Child Conference: A Conference for Students is for 5-12th graders and their families as well as staff and the community. The conference will be held on Thu, March 16 from 5:30-9 p.m. at Washington-Lee High School (1301 N. Stafford Street).
APS is committed to educating the Whole Child – ensuring that each child is healthy, safe, supported, academically engaged and challenged. Families and their students in grades 5-12 and staff are encouraged to attend this FREE conference to learn more about supporting the needs of the Whole Child.
Breakout Sessions include:
- Love the Skin You’re In: A session for girls and young women and their parents
- Healthy Dating and Relationships
- Teen Stress
- Yoga and Mindfulness: An Interactive Workshop
- Heal Yourself: Healthy Eating and Active Living
- Personal Safety in Today’s World
- Creating a Culture of Respect for LGBT Students
- Ending the Silence: The Importance of Talking about Mental Health
- Teen Voices: The Truth About Substance Use and Middle School
- LUV: Listen, Understand and Validate – Building Trusting Relationships
- Coaching Boys Into Men
- A Community Conversation About Middle School and Substance Use
Registration is required. Register online now as space in some sessions may be limited. Pizza and light refreshments will be provided.
For additional information, visit the conference website or call 703-228-7239.