The Professional Learning Office coordinates and implements system-wide professional development to support teaching excellence and improve student learning for APS educators. The services coordinated by this office include mentoring teachers, conducting workshops, coordinating in-service programs, and working with universities to place field experience students. The office also provides support for the Teacher Evaluation System. The Professional Learning Office is committed to supporting and retaining high quality educators in Arlington Public Schools.
Professional Learning Online Catalog
Click here to view the online catalog of professional learning opportunities. Users log in and search for offerings by title, date, curriculum category, credit type, or keyword.
- Use this tip sheet to help you log into ERO.
- ERO session by date for web page Feb1 (Updated 2/1/16)
- Non-APS professional learning opportunities
The Festival of the Minds professional learning conference occurs annually and provides a diversity of sessions for all PK-12 instructional staff to hone their instructional practice. At Festival of the Minds, APS staff share their knowledge, skills, and experiences as presenters and facilitators. This year’s Festival will be held the week of August 21, 2017. Now accepting proposals through April 1, 2017. Click here to learn more.
- APS Lesson Plan and Unit Plan
- Inventory of Instructional Approaches
- APS Best Practices
- APS Comprehensive Assessment Inventory
- Virginia Licensure Renewal Manual
- Learning Forward’s Definition of Professional Development
- Learning Forward Virginia
- Professional Development in APS ACI presentation December 2008