Arlington Public Schools Science:
- ensures implementation of the science standards defined by the Virginia Department of Education through the development of curriculum and selection of instructional resources.
- develops and facilitates learning opportunities for teachers and staff.
- supports teachers through mentoring, lesson modeling, and observations to ensure best practices for science instruction.
- supports the schools in their facilitation and implementation of their fairs or expos and organizes, hosts, and runs the Northern Virginia Regional Science and Engineering Fair.
- supports participation in Virginia Junior Academy of Science and facilitates the registration and transportation of students and teachers attending the symposium.
- schedules and facilitates trips to the Outdoor Lab and oversees day-to-day operation.
- schedules and facilitates trips to the Planetarium and oversees day-to-day operation.
- implements and supports teacher participation in a 2016 grant awarded by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for Bay Watershed Education and Training (B-WET).
- supports sustainability education and oversees the school-based sustainability liaisons.