REEP volunteers have a desire to help immigrants from all cultures and backgrounds gain the tools that allow them to thrive in a new country. By sharing their everyday knowledge, volunteers make a profound difference in immigrant students’ lives in America. At the same time, volunteers gain a rare insight into a different part of their community and the chance to interact with people from a variety of countries and cultures. REEP also allows its volunteers to explore teaching as a profession and to develop skills that can enhance other aspects of their careers. Finally, REEP volunteers know that the few hours they spend preparing for and teaching classes makes a positive difference in their community.
**Volunteers are expected to make a minimum commitment of 1.5-3 hours/week for 3 months.**
Ways to Volunteer with REEP
- Teaching Assistant – Assist our professional teachers in our intensive program at the Syphax Education Center, Arlington Mill
Community Center, and Wakefield High School, in the morning, late afternoon, or evening.
- ESL Teacher – Teach at one of our two community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening.
- ESL Substitute Teacher – Sub for our volunteer ESL teachers at one of two community centers in Arlington in the morning or evening.
- Job Coaches – help students achieve their career goals by assisting with resume writing, preparing for interviews, filling out job applications, and selecting a career path.
- Office Assistant – Assist with a variety of projects and tasks at the Syphax Education Center during the day.
- Computer Lab Volunteers – Assist our professional lab assistants at the Syphax Education Center, Wakefield High School, or Arlington Mill Community Center in the morning, late afternoon, and evening.
Are you a current volunteer looking for the Volunteer Resources page?
Click here for the Volunteer Resources page.
REEP teachers and coordinators annually nominate outstanding volunteers who have served 100 hours or more during the school year. Volunteers attend an award ceremony and dinner hosted by Volunteer Arlington and receive an award certificate.
Please join us in congratulating the 2018/19 100 Hours of Service Award recipients: