Address Change Requests

Families that have recently relocated to another address in Arlington are now able to change their address by submitting their proof of Arlington residency documents online. Families should update their address as soon as they move because APS wants to make sure that the current address for families is listed in the student information system to ensure families are able to receive mail from APS.

Families who have recently moved within Arlington and need to change their address are able to do so by following the process below.

Address Change Request Process

1. Request of Address Change Form

Complete the fillable Request of Address Change Form: English | Spanish

2. Proof of Residency Documents

Collect and upload your documents supporting your Arlington residency.

Primary Address Change Documents Proof that the parent or legal guardian and the student live in Arlington County:

  • A current lease signed by lessor and lessee or tenant and landlord to show that the parent/legal guardian and the student reside in Arlington County; or
  • A deed, settlement documents or closing documents showing that the parent/legal guardian owns a home and resides in Arlington County (mortgage statements are not accepted as proof of residency); or
  • Proof of Arlington County Residency: Form A and Form B
    • Form A- Parent/Legal Guardian/Adult Student Residency Affidavit – Two of the following showing the parent/legal guardian/adult student’s name and address must be provided: Current Federal, state or property tax return, vehicle registration, Valid Virginia driver’s license with current address, current payroll or withholding statement, current utility bill, or documentation of financial assistance from Arlington County.
    • Form B- Statement of Arlington Resident Affidavit from the owner or lessee of the residence to show that a family and student reside with them in Arlington County. A current copy of the resident’s lease agreement, deed, deed of trust or settlement or closing documents must accompany form B. Proof of Arlington County Residency Forms A and B are only valid until the end of the school year they were submitted. These forms must be updated and resubmitted at the start of every school year to verify residency.
    • Residency Form A English (fillable)
    • Residency Form B English (fillable)

Documents which support proof of residency

All registering parents must submit any two of the following supporting documents: current federal, state and/or property tax returns, documentation of financial assistance from Arlington County, current payroll withholding statements, vehicle registration showing parent’s name, or current utility bill (within thirty days of enrollment date).

3. Upload Forms

Upload the Change of Address Form and Proof of Residency Documents using the Document Secure Upload Link. If you are registering multiple children, you may upload documents for all of the children at the same time. Be sure to note the name and email address you use, you will use the same parent name and the same email address if the registrar asks you for additional documents.

Document Secure Upload Link

Address Change Completion

A school registrar will contact families if additional documents are needed to complete the address change process or if there are any questions regarding the address change request. Families will receive a confirmation email once the change of address has been completed.

Privacy and Security

For privacy and information security reasons, families should never send personally identifiable information through email and should always upload them through the secure upload website. Personally identifiable information is information that, alone or in combination, can be linked to a specific student, including but not limited to:

  • Name of student, parents, or other family members;
  • Address of student, parents, or other family members;
  • Personal identifier, such as a Social Security Number, APS student ID, or health records.
  • Indirect identifiers, such as date of birth, place of birth, or mother’s maiden name.

No APS employee will ever email or call families requesting any personally identifiable information be submitted through email. If you do receive an email requesting this information, please disregard it because it may be a phishing email attempting to receive access to your personally identifiable information. If you receive a call requesting this information, only submit the documentation through the secure upload portal and not through email.

For additional information or questions, please contact the APS Welcome Center at 703-228-8000 or