Families are now able to complete the Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP) until Friday, Oct. 30, 2020. When families log into ParentVUE, they will be required to complete their AOVP before they are able to access any available features in ParentVUE. Please visit the following link to access ParentVUE: https://vue.apsva.us.
The Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP) replaced the First Day Packet students used to receive on the first day of school. This process will utilizes ParentVUE, the online tool that most of our families are already familiar with and use regularly to track the latest information regarding their student. As a part of this process, families will be able to update information for each of their students through their ParentVUE account at the start of school, even if their children attend different schools.
This paperless system allows APS to better and more efficiently gather, track and maintain student data. AOVP helps APS achieve the following:
- Ensure the accuracy of vital student information, including emergency contacts;
- Streamline the way families verify their student’s information;
- Decrease the amount of time families spend completing the pager forms; and
- Help the environment by eliminating wasted paper.
In addition to online verification, other benefits of using ParentVUE include the ability to:
- Access your student’s school and personal information from a computer or mobile device using the ParentVUE App;
- View your student’s daily attendance;
- Manage your contact information, as well as your student’s emergency contacts and phone numbers;
- Communicate with teachers via email on ParentVUE;
- View student class schedules and track student grades; and
- Update your contact information when it changes so you don’t miss important messages or alerts.
Families should visit the following link to access ParentVUE:https://vue.apsva.us.
Available Support for Families
Families that do not have computer or internet access are able to contact their child’s school for assistance with completing their AOVP. Staff is available to help walk you through the process.
- Annual Online Verification Process One-Pager English | Spanish
- Annual Online Verification Process Letter for Families English | Spanish
- ParentVUE Activation Instructions English | Spanish
- ParentVUE Frequently Asked Questions English
- ParentVUE Password Recovery English
For additional information or questions about this process, please contact your child’s school.