For the 2019-20 school year, Arlington Public Schools (APS) will implement a new annual online verification process for updating and maintaining accurate student information. This new process will replace the First Day Packet students used to receive on the first day of school. This new process will utilize ParentVUE, the online tool that most of our families are already familiar with and use regularly to track the latest information regarding their student. As a part of this new process, families will now be able to update information for each of their students through their ParentVUE account at the start of school, even if their children attend different schools.
APS is making the transition to a paperless system to better and more efficiently gather, track and maintain student data. The new annual AOVP will help APS achieve the following:
- Ensure the accuracy of vital student information, including emergency contacts;
- Streamline the way families verify their student’s information;
- Decrease the amount of time families spend completing the pager forms; and
- Help the environment by eliminating wasted paper.
In addition to online verification, other benefits of using ParentVUE include the ability to:
- Access your student’s school and personal information from a computer or mobile device using the ParentVUE App;
- View your student’s daily attendance;
- Manage your contact information, as well as your student’s emergency contacts and phone numbers;
- Communicate with teachers via email on ParentVUE;
- View student class schedules and track grades currently for secondary students and in the 2019-20 school year for elementary students; and
- Update your contact information when it changes so you don’t miss important messages or alerts.
- Annual Online Verification Process One-Pager English | Spanish
- Annual Online Verification Process Letter for Families English | Spanish
- ParentVUE Activation Instructions English | Spanish
- ParentVUE Frequently Asked Questions English
- ParentVUE Password Recovery English
For additional information or questions about this process, please contact your child’s school.