Families must complete the Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP) by Oct. 31, 2022, to ensure that schools have accurate contact information. AOVP is completed via ParentVUE at vue.apsva.us or on the app (iPhone) (Android).
Need help logging into ParentVUE or completing your Annual Online Verification?
Attend an AOVP Family Support Night! (See Flyer)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19, 7-8 p.m. at Lubber Run Community Center
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, 6-8 p.m at Arlington Mill Community Center
Free pizza will be provided for families.
The Annual Online Verification Process (AOVP) allows families to review and update vital student, parent, and emergency contact information. Families are also required to review and authorize the following important policies and opt-in/out releases:
The 2022-23 APS Handbook is a reference guide that includes:
- School contact information, hours, communication channels, plan for make-up days
- The acceptable use of technology and devices
- APS policies and procedures on parental responsibility, administrative placement, absences, bullying, and more.
The 2022-23 Student’s Rights and Responsibilities: Student Code of Conduct Handbook was updated to communicate student conduct expectations and available resources. It reflects:
- APS policies and procedures regarding student behavior
- Our commitment to equitable treatment of all students in the application of administrative responses to student behavior
- The process parents/guardians should follow to address concerns involving their student
- And more.
Student Directory Information (Opt out): Information that is most often shared in school publications such as yearbooks, sports programs, honors and awards, newsletters, etc.
PTA Student Directory (Opt In): Includes student and family contact information, grade level assignments, and other PTA information. Families use the directory to contact other families about classroom or school activities, arrange playdates or carpools, or to share other school-related information.
How to complete AOVP
Families can access and complete the AOVP through their ParentVUE account. ParentVue is the online portal that families use to monitor their student’s education, report absences, and communicate with teachers (learn more). To complete the AOVP, log into ParentVue on a desktop/laptop or on the app (iPhone) (Android).
We’re here to help!
Families that do not have computer or internet access can contact their child’s school for assistance with completing their AOVP. Staff is available to help walk you through the process.
Video: How to Complete the Annual Online Verification Process
Video: Como completar el Proceso Anual de Verificación en Línea
- How to Activate ParentVUE – Video Tutorial English | Spanish
- Activation Instructions English | Spanish
- Frequently Asked Questions English | Spanish
- Password Recovery English | Spanish
For additional information or questions about this process, please contact your child’s school.