On the first day of school, students are given a First Day Packet to take home to their parents or guardians. Parents or guardians are asked to fill out, sign and return the completed documents to their school during the first week of school.
- A “Complete Family Packet” is distributed to the youngest student in the household; and
- A “Forms Only Packet” is provided for all older siblings.
Fill Out Forms Using ParentVUE
Parents may update some of the First Day Packet information online using ParentVUE. Once you log in, click on “Student Information” in the left navigation bar to make any changes necessary.
*Once parents have updated student information, the school’s registrar will approve the changes to your child’s record. Changes are not effective immediately.
Each student will receive a Student Information Form in the First Day Packet pre-filled with the student’s information that includes the contact information for parents/guardians and emergency contacts. You may review and make any required changes directly on the form and return it to school in the First Day Packet envelope during the first week of school. If information on one of the forms is updated in ParentVUE, the corresponding form does not need to be returned to the school.
First Day Packet Inserts
The First Day Packet is distributed to students on the first day of school and includes the following:
- The Arlington Public Schools Handbook | Manual de las Escuelas Públicas de Arlington, a guide for students and parents that includes general information about the school system and how the school system works, answers to frequently asked questions, student rights and responsibilities, and general school policies.
First Day Packet Forms for SY 2018-19
- 2018-19 Student Information Form (Parents/Guardians can update the information requested on this form online using ParentVue)
- Release of Student Information Form (Information on this form may be updated online using ParentVue)
- Emergency Release Form
- Acknowledgement of Parental Responsibility Form
- Verification and Signature Form
- Free and Reduced-Priced Meal Application (English | Spanish) Families can also complete the application online by visiting: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application
Additional Information included in packet
- APS Fiscal Year 2019 Budget Letter
- Communications Flyer
- ACPD and APS Cares Flyer
- Family Life Education Letter
- Student Accident Insurance Coverage
- Library Services eContent Letter
- Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS) / Acceso Familiar a Cobertura de Seguro Médico
- Friends of the Planetarium Membership Information
- Outdoor Lab Membership Information
For additional information or questions, please contact Daryl Johnson at 703-228-7667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.