Families are required to complete the Online Back-to-School Packet in ParentVUE between Aug. 21 and Oct. 31, 2023.
At the start of each school year, families are required to complete an Online Back-to-School Packet to:
- ensure that your student’s school has updated information (phone numbers, emails, home address) for all parents/guardians, and designated emergency contacts.
- opt in or out of student information releases, academic and career or social-emotional counseling services, and more.
- review the APS Handbook to learn about attendance requirements, student rights and responsibilities, and more.
While completing the online packet, families will review and authorize the following important policies and opt-in/out releases:
- The APS Handbook is a reference guide that includes:
- School contact information, hours, plan for make-up days
- The acceptable use of technology and devices
- APS policies and procedures on parental responsibility, administrative placement, absences, bullying, and more.
- The student code of conduct
- Our commitment to equitable treatment of all students in the application of administrative responses to student behavior
- The process parents/guardians should follow to address concerns involving their student
- Student Directory Information: Information that is most often shared in school publications such as yearbooks, sports programs, honors and awards, newsletters, etc.
- Media Participation: Includes sharing student accomplishments, artwork, or classwork on the APS website, in newsletters, on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), in APS TV productions, in brochures and presentations, or with the media (newspapers, televisions, and magazines).
- PTA Student Directory: Includes student and family contact information, grade level assignments, and other PTA information. Families use the directory to contact other families about classroom or school activities, arrange playdates or carpools, or to share other school-related information.
Video: How to complete the Online Back-to-School Packet
Video: Como completar el Paquete de Regreso a Clases en línea
For additional information or questions about this process, please contact your child’s school.