This information was updated on April 2, 2020.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board will be taking the following steps to protect the community, staff, and Board members at this time:
In general, upcoming Board Meetings will not be open to public comment unless legally required. Alternative means will be available to view Board meetings and provide input to the Board. In-person public attendance will be strongly discouraged in order to comply with current health guidelines on social gathering limits. Most or all staff presentations at Board meetings will be presented by video, and the meetings will continue to be available for viewing on the APS website and broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41. For some specific meetings, such as public hearings on the budget, an opportunity for public comment is required by state code. For those meetings, the Board will allow public comment, but will be managing the scheduling of speakers by, for example, assigning time slots to speakers to encourage meeting attendance below the recommended of 10 or fewer attendees.
We encourage you to share your thoughts and comments with the School Board by email at School.Board@apsva.us. We ask that you minimize messages to individual board members, as they will be focused on communications about maintaining safe operations during the pandemic. The Board Office staff is teleworking and will be monitoring the School Board email account during normal business hours. Board members will receive regular reports of emails received and will have ready access to view all messages received.
Regular School Board meeting dates are listed to the right and start at 7 PM, unless otherwise noted. All meetings take place in the Board Room of the Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd, 2nd Floor, Arlington VA 22204.
- Agendas and background information are posted one week prior to the Board Meeting on BoardDocs*.
- To speak at the next School Board Meeting visit Sign Up to Speak at School Board Meeting.
- Watch Past Regular School Board Meetings.
See upcoming School Board Work Sessions and other meetings. Work Sessions will start at 7 PM and take place at the Syphax Education Center, unless otherwise noted.
Receive an e-mail notification when the newest School Board Agenda or Newsletter become available.
- To subscribe or re-subscribe to the Podcast, search the iTunes Store for Arlington Public Schools.
- Download iTunes.
- Due to limits allowed by iTunes, the Podcast only includes the 301 most recent video clips, which is about 7 to 8 meetings.
Streaming & Progressive Download
- All meetings require the Adobe Flash Player. Download it here.
- All meetings prior to 8/11/2011 are not streaming videos. When you play these videos you will have to wait for the player to download the video completely before playing begins.
All meetings begin at 7 PM unless otherwise noted. Calendar is subject to change.
April 2 CANCELLED
April 21 Public Hearing: Public Hearing on the Superintendent’s Revised Proposed FY 2021 Budget
April 30 Public Hearing: School Board’s Proposed SY 2021 Budget CANCELLED
May 5 Public Hearing: School Board’s Proposed SY 2021 Budget
May 21 TBD
June 4 TBD
June 25 TBD