This information was updated on November 23, 2020.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board is taking the following steps for upcoming School Board meetings:
Upcoming School Board Meetings will be held virtually and all agenda items will be presented and discussed by video. Meetings are available for viewing live on the APS website and broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41. Videos will also be posted on the School Board web pages following the meetings. This page will be updated regularly. Please check back frequently for any changes to our processes as we navigate the pandemic closure.
At this time, no in-person public comment will be allowed at regular Board meetings, however limited Public Comment will be allowed using a call-in service. Please go to the Sign Up to Speak at a School Board Meeting page for directions.
The December 1, 2020 Public Hearing on Elementary Boundaries will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Public Comment will be heard using a call-in service and up to 25 in-person speakers will also be accepted (based on emergency guidelines for public gatherings). You may only speak once, either in-person or by phone. Please visit the Sign Up to Speak at a School Board Meeting page for additional information and to sign up. You may also provide comments on the ELEMENTARY BOUNDARY PROPOSAL in any of the following ways:
- Use the form at https://www.apsva.us/submit-your-comment-for-public-hearing-on-the-elementary-boundary-proposal/ to submit your Public Hearing comments.
- Leave a voicemail message at 703-228-6105 with your name, phone number and comments. Be sure to state that you would like your comments entered into the Public Hearing record. Your comments will be transcribed and shared with the Board.
- Send an email to School.Board@apsva.us with the subject line “Proposed 2020 Elementary Boundaries Public Hearing comments.
Comments submitted through any of the ways above will be added to the Public Hearing record and are subject to the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act. All Public Hearing comments received by 1 p.m. on Dec. 1 will be made available to the Board prior to the Public Hearing.
You may provide comments to the Board on specific agenda items, by submitting your comments in writing by email to School.Board@apsva.us. You may also leave a voicemail message at 703-228-6015. Please be sure to include your name and the agenda item you are referencing. Your comments will be shared with the Board and will become part of the public record and will be subject to the Virginia Freedom Of Information Act.
We encourage you to share your thoughts and comments with the School Board by email at School.Board@apsva.us or by voicemail at 703-228-6015. We ask that you minimize messages to individual board members, as they will be focused on communications about maintaining safe operations during the pandemic. The Board Office staff is teleworking and will be monitoring the School Board email account and the School Board office voicemail during normal business hours. Board members will receive regular reports of emails received and voicemails will be transcribed and shared. All Board members will have ready access to view all messages received.
Regular School Board meeting dates are listed to the right and start at 7 PM, unless otherwise noted. All meetings take place in the Board Room of the Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd, 2nd Floor, Arlington VA 22204.
- Agendas and background information are posted one week prior to the Board Meeting on BoardDocs*.
- To speak at the next School Board Meeting visit Sign Up to Speak at School Board Meeting.
- Watch Past Regular School Board Meetings.
See upcoming School Board Work Sessions and other meetings. Work Sessions will start at 7 PM and take place at the Syphax Education Center, unless otherwise noted.
Receive an e-mail notification when the newest School Board Agenda or Newsletter become available.
- To subscribe or re-subscribe to the Podcast, search the iTunes Store for Arlington Public Schools.
- Download iTunes.
- Due to limits allowed by iTunes, the Podcast only includes the 301 most recent video clips, which is about 7 to 8 meetings.
Streaming & Progressive Download
- All meetings require the Adobe Flash Player. Download it here.
- All meetings prior to 8/11/2011 are not streaming videos. When you play these videos you will have to wait for the player to download the video completely before playing begins.
All meetings begin at 7 PM unless otherwise noted. Calendar is subject to change.
February 25: Superintendent’s Proposed Budget Presentation
March 23: Public Hearing on the Superintendent’s Proposed Budget at 8 PM
April 29: Public Hearing on the School Board’s Proposed Budget
May 25: Pubic Hearing on the Capital Improvement Plan