This information was updated on April 9, 2021. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board will continue to refine plans for conducting public business and appreciates the community’s patience as procedures are adjusted.
Regular School Board meeting dates are listed to the right and start at 7 PM, unless otherwise noted. All meetings take place in the Board Room of the Syphax Education Center, 2110 Washington Blvd, 2nd Floor, Arlington VA 22204.
Beginning on March 11, the regular School Board Meetings will be conducted in-person, with strictly limited attendance. In order to meet safely, the Board will take all necessary steps to protect the community, staff, and Board members as they conduct public business. This includes adjusting meeting procedures to comply with health and safety guidelines. (Work sessions and other meetings will continue to be held virtually.)
- Agendas and background information are posted one week prior to the Board Meeting on BoardDocs*
- To speak at the next School Board Meeting visit Sign Up to Speak at School Board Meeting *
* For the in-person School Board meetings, Public Comment on Agenda and Non-Agenda items will continue to be heard at the beginning of the meeting and will be limited to 1 hour. At each meeting, the Board will hear from a maximum of 30 speakers and each speaker will have up to 2 minutes to comment. A maximum of 15 speakers will be allowed to comment in person and the remaining slots will be given to call-in speakers. All speakers must sign up in advance and indicate whether they want to speak in person or to call in to the meeting. A lottery process will continue to be used to select speakers if more requests than available slots are received. Please go to the Sign Up to Speak at a School Board Meeting page for additional information.
- You may provide comments to the Board on specific agenda items, by submitting your comments in writing by email to School.Board@apsva.us
- You may also leave a voicemail message at 703-228-6015. Please be sure to include your name and the agenda item you are referencing
- Your comments will be shared with the Board and will become part of the public record and will be subject to the Virginia Freedom Of Information Act
- Board members receive regular reports of emails and voicemails received. All Board members have ready access to view all messages
- See upcoming School Board Work Sessions and other meetings. Work Sessions and other meetings will continue to be held virtually
- Meetings are available for viewing live on the APS website and broadcast on Comcast Cable Channel 70 and Verizon FIOS Channel 41. Videos will also be posted on the School Board web pages following the meetings.
- Watch Past Regular School Board Meetings
Receive an e-mail notification when the newest School Board Agenda or Newsletter become available.
- To subscribe or re-subscribe to the Podcast, search the iTunes Store for Arlington Public Schools.
- Download iTunes.
- Due to limits allowed by iTunes, the Podcast only includes the 301 most recent video clips, which is about 7 to 8 meetings.
Streaming & Progressive Download
- All meetings require the Adobe Flash Player. Download it here.
- All meetings prior to 8/11/2011 are not streaming videos. When you play these videos you will have to wait for the player to download the video completely before playing begins.
All meetings begin at 7 PM unless otherwise noted. Calendar is subject to change.
April 29: Public Hearing on the School Board’s Proposed Budget
June 10: Public Hearing on the Capital Improvement Plan, 8 PM