Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board is taking steps to protect the community, staff, and Board members as they conduct public business. Regular School Board Meetings are conducted in-person with limited attendance. During in-person meetings, the Board will comply with all health and safety guidelines. All meeting attendees will go through a health screening upon entering the Syphax Education Center. Participants are expected to wear masks at all times, maintain appropriate distancing and use hand sanitizer and wipes as needed to keep all surfaces clean.
Speaker requests are no longer being accepted for the June 10, 2021 PUBLIC HEARING on the SCHOOL BOARD PROPOSED FY 2022-2024 CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLAN.
- You can sign up to speak at a Board Meeting via the electronic speaker form on the School Board website. The speaker form is available by 5 PM the Friday before the Board Meeting.
- Speaker requests for regular School Board meetings are accepted until 4 PM two days prior to the Board Meeting.
- Speakers must sign up in advance and indicate if they want to speak in person or by phone. Call in speakers will be heard first, followed by the in-person speakers.
- Each speaker will have up to 2 minutes to comment.
- A total of 30 speakers will be accepted at each regular Board Meeting. If more than 30 speakers sign up, a random lottery will be used to select 30 speakers.
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, in-person speakers may be asked to leave the Board Room after presenting their comments so others can also participate.
- For additional details, review the School Board Guidelines for Public Comment During School Board Meetings and Hearings (adopted July 1, 2020)