As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board is taking steps to protect the community, staff, and Board members as they conduct public business. This includes holding virtual meetings in compliance with health guidelines on social gathering limits. Currently no in-person speakers are allowed at Board Meetings, however limited public comment is allowed using a call-in service. Public comment on both Agenda and Non-Agenda items will be heard at the beginning of each meeting and there is a limit of one hour for public comment. Speakers have up to two (2) minutes to speak, and the Board will hear from a maximum of 30 speakers at each meeting.
Speaker Requests are no longer being accepted for the January 21, 2021 Board meeting.
Additional guidelines – updated January 1, 2021:
- The electronic speaker form is activated on the website by close of business the Friday before the Board meeting.
- Speaker forms will be accepted until 4 PM two business days before the meeting.
- IF the Board receives more speaker requests than can be accommodated in one hour, 30 speakers will be randomly selected from all requests received and will be notified of their selection.
- Up to 5 additional speakers will be waitlisted in case a speaker slot becomes available.
- We ask that you fill out the speaker request form only once; duplicate requests will be deleted.
- The time allowed per speaker at Board meetings may be reduced by the Chair if circumstances warrant.
- Individuals requiring special accommodations such as interpretation should contact the Board Office one week prior to the meeting at 703-228-6015.