As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the School Board is taking steps to protect the community, staff, and Board members. These include holding meetings virtually in order to comply with health guidelines on social gathering limits.
At this time, no in-person public comment will be allowed at Board Meetings, however limited Public Comment will be allowed using a call-in service. The Public Comment Agenda Item will take place at the beginning of each Board Meeting. ALL public comment will be heard at that time on both Agenda and Non-Agenda items, and there is a limit of 1 hour for all public comment. Please note, the deadline for signing up to speak is 4 PM two days prior to the Board meeting.
Sign up below to speak at the October 22, 2020 School Board Meeting.
General Guidelines for Public Comment
- View meeting agendas and items
- The electronic speaker form is activated by close of business the Friday before the Board meeting, usually after the agenda is published on BoardDocs.
- Electronic forms are accepted until 4 PM 2 business days before the meeting.
- Speakers have up to two (2) minutes to speak on agenda or non-agenda items.
- The time allowed per speaker may be reduced by the Chair if circumstances warrant.
- Speaker time may be limited to 30 minutes for each agenda item.
- Individuals requiring special accommodations such as the services of a sign language interpreter should contact the School Board Office one week prior to the meeting date at 703-228-6015.
- Please review the adopted School Board Guidelines for Public Comment to help prepare to speak at a School Board meeting.
All available speaker slots for the October 22 School Board Meeting have been filled. Please share your input by writing to Engage@apsva.us or School.Board@apsva.us.