The Department of School and Community Relations is responsible for media relations; community outreach; public information; electronic, broadcast and social media; the Volunteer and Partners in Education Program; and supervision of AETV and the APS Print Shop.
The department’s primary focus is to enhance communications within Arlington Public Schools and between schools and the Arlington community.
- Family and community engagement – APS School Talk, social media, NewsReview, Parent Academy, website, special events
- Guidance, training and support for schools and departments as they work to build effective relations with parents and the community
- AETV: broadcast and video production services
- APS Publications – APS Handbook, Guidebooks, QuickFacts, Annual Reports, and more
- Media relations
- Freedom of Information Act requests