Requesting an Administrative Transfer
- Administrative transfers can be requested through the appeals process listed in Options and Transfers Policy J-5.3.31.
- Administrative transfers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are based on the particular circumstances of a student’s situation. For options and transfers appeals, families must first submit an application through the online application portal and be placed on the waitlist.
- Administrative transfer requests must be submitted in writing to the Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services Cintia Johnson (email@example.com).
- Families will receive a written acknowledgement confirming receipt of the appeal and a written response to the transfer request that is consistent with the policy.
- If families are dissatisfied with the response from the Superintendent/designee, they may appeal in writing to the School Board for consideration.
- Once a student is approved for an administrative transfer, enrollment will be continuous through the grade levels of that school/program, unless there is cause to discontinue.
For additional information or questions about administrative transfers, please contact the Department of Administrative Services at 703-228-6008.