Administrative Transfers

Requesting an Administrative Transfer

  • Administrative transfers can be requested through the appeals process listed in Options and Transfers Policy J-5.3.31.
  • Administrative transfers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are based on the particular circumstances of a student’s situation. All requests for administrative transfers will be accepted beginning May 1, 2020.
  • Administrative transfer requests must be submitted in writing to the Department of Administrative Services by emailing
  • Families will receive a written acknowledgement confirming receipt of the appeal and a written response to the transfer request that is consistent with the policy.
  • If families are dissatisfied with the response from the Superintendent/designee, they may appeal in writing to the School Board for consideration.
  • Once a student is approved for an administrative transfer, enrollment will be continuous through the grade levels of that school/program, unless there is cause to discontinue.

For additional information or questions about administrative transfers, please contact the Department of Administrative Services at 703-228-6008.