Neighborhood schools have attendance areas established by the School Board. Every student is guaranteed admission to the elementary, middle, and high school serving the attendance area in which the student resides. If you need to determine your neighborhood middle school, please use the Boundary (Attendance Zone) Locator.
Middle School Neighborhood Transfer Information for the 2019-20 School Year:
- Neighborhood transfers will be available to all middle schools.
- APS will announce the number of neighborhood transfers available on Jan. 10, 2019 as a part of the Superintendent’s Annual Update.
- Neighborhood transfers will be based on Fall 2018 10-Year projections and school capacity.
- Families directly impacted by the Fall 2019 boundary changes interested in having their 8th grade child/children remain at their current middle school should complete the Middle School Boundary Transfer Application.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation when the student accepts a transfer to another neighborhood school that is accepting transfers.
Families interested in applying for a neighborhood transfer will need to submit an application through the online application portal.
For additional information or questions, please contact the APS Welcome Center at 703-228-8000 or email@example.com.