All Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses will be offered at the comprehensive high schools and other programs and at the Career Center per the 2020-21 program of studies. During full distance learning, students enrolled in full-time programs at the Career Center (Academic Academy, Arlington Tech, English Learner Institute, and PEP) and at the comprehensive high schools and other programs will be able to take the CTE courses offered by teachers based at the Career Center via distance learning.All Career and Technical Education (CTE) Students will engage in new content across all CTE Clusters using both synchronous and asynchronous models.
- Students will engage in learning activities aligned with required CTE competencies.
- Formative assessments will occur daily to help guide instruction.
- Students will engage in content specific lab work.
- Workplace readiness skills will occur in the virtual learning model.
- CTE specific tool kits including consumables and required tools will be provided.
- Virtual tools will be used in some courses to enhance the distance learning experience.
- Some credentialing opportunities will be provided during this school year both via distant learning and at approved testing sites.
The CTE Office and teachers are committed to provide a quality and engaging distant learning opportunity to all APS students.