The Level 2 selection process is now closed. The Level 3 selection process will open to families before we return to Level 3, projected to happen in mid-January 2021.
Families were asked to select their preferred instructional delivery method for Level 2 students by Oct. 23, including PreK-5th grade students and CTE students enrolled in select courses at the Career Center, online through ParentVUE.
Families choose between:
- Hybrid In-School and Distance Learning – Students will participate in two consecutive in-person instruction days per week combined with two days of synchronous distance learning. Mondays will continue as asynchronous for teacher planning. Additional information by grade level is available on the Transition to Hybrid/In-Person Model webpage.
- Full-Time Distance Learning– Students will participate in full-time distance learning, including both interactive, teacher-led (synchronous) instruction and asynchronous instruction.
APS strongly encourages all families to select their instructional delivery model so that APS can proceed with clear knowledge of each family’s choice for their student(s) based on their individual circumstances and learning preferences.
Student Grouping Levels and Timeline
APS will adjust student grouping for the return levels, to accommodate the adjustments to the hybrid model, and to ensure that students with IEPs and English Learners are able transition with their general education peers. The dates listed below for each phase are projected dates that we are working toward, and are subject to change based on health, safety, and operational metrics.
- Level 1: Projected Return Date – Nov. 4 (NEW)
- Students with Disabilities (SWDs) who require direct support to access distance learning.
- Level 2: Projected Phased Return – Beginning Mid to Late November (NEW)
- All PreK-5th grade students, including PreK-5th grade English Learners and SWDs with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), and high school students enrolled in selected Career & Technical Education (CTE) courses at the Career Center.
- Students phase in, in groups, according to the following projected timeline:
- Starting November 12: PreK, Kindergarten, plus CTE students
- Starting Week of December 1: 1st and 2nd grade students
- Starting Early January: 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students
- All projected dates are subject to health and safety and operational metrics and may be changed as necessary.
- Level 3: Projected Return Date – Mid-January (NEW)
- All APS middle and high school students who selected hybrid, in-person instruction
- Specific phases to be announced at a later date
Steps to Complete the Selection Process
Families will need to complete the following steps in ParentVUE to select their choices for the instructional delivery method and transportation questions:
- Log in to ParentVUE with your username and password.
- As soon as you log in, the default tab you will see is the “Student Info” tab.
- On the top of the “Student Info” page, click “Edit Information” to select your choices to the instructional delivery method and transportation questions.
- Scroll to the middle of the “Student Info” page to select your choices for the instructional delivery method and transportation questions.
- After selecting your choices, scroll to the top or the bottom of the page to select “Save Changes.”
- If you have multiple students, you will need to complete this process for each student by selecting their name in the box located in the upper-left corner of the screen in ParentVUE.
Trouble with ParentVUE? Find troubleshooting help for logging in, passwords, etc. or contact the Family Technology Call Center at 703-228-2570.