Vaccinations for 5-11-Year-Old Students are now Available in Arlington – Every student aged 5 or older is now eligible for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine! Appointments can be made at nearby pharmacies and clinics by visiting Vaccines.gov (www.vacunas.gov), or by checking with your pediatrician’s office. Additionally, Arlington County Public Health is holding clinics specifically for 5-11-year-old children by appointment only. Make your appointment online by visiting VAMS and clicking the “Schedule a Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine appointment” icon or by calling the County’s COVID-19 hotline at 703-228-7999.
In these early weeks, vaccine supply may be limited. But as supplies increase, so too will appointment availability. Check Vaccines.gov regularly to see updated appointment availability and make an appointment for your child’s free vaccine as soon as possible. Vaccination is key to keeping our schools open and our students safe. The vaccine is FREE and has been rigorously tested for safety.
APS families who attend Abingdon, Barcroft, Barrett, Campbell, Carlin Springs, Dr. Charles R. Drew, Hoffman-Boston and Randolph elementary schools can get additional help with scheduling their COVID-19 vaccine appointments through Arlington County.
- Families can call 703-228-2985 between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday not including holidays (English or Spanish).
- Families will need a cell phone that can receive text messages with them at the time of the call for assistance.
- Staff will verify school of attendance by using a student ID number and demographic information (e.g., address, date of birth, etc.) to verify identity.
Other families who need additional help can call 703-228-7999.
- VDH’s COVID-19 Vaccine for Children page: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-faq/vaccination/#children
- CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens page https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/children-teens.html