APS will offer five days of in-person instruction for the 2021-22 school year for all students to learn in safe, healthy and supportive learning environments.
APS will continue with mitigation measures to provide the safest possible in-school experience, based on evolving guidance from U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
5 days per week; Normal bell schedules
All classes in person with teachers present
Normal breakfast and lunch in cafeteria; Outside lunch options available
In-person specials and electives; shared materials, based on guidance
Normal bus capacity, with health screenings, per guidance
- Concurrent instruction limited to secondary Dual Enrollment, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and selected specialized classes
- Scheduled library visits or open checkout, based on guidance
- Extended Day offered, normal enrollment and operation
- Normal heating, cooling and ventilation (HVAC) operations; Maximum outside air ventilation during occupied hours and 2 hours before/after; Certified Air Cleaning Device (CACD) in every classroom
- Distancing will not be possible on a consistent basis