Child Find Supports
Have a Question?: While our building is currently closed, Child Find can answer your questions at this time. Our team will review your question and a specialist will reach out to help.
Submit your question here.
Parenting Young Children During Covid-19: Specialists here at Child Find compiled parenting resources and strategies to support mental health of young children and their families during this unique time. Click here to access this resource.
Activities To Do At Home With Young Children: Child Find specialists compiled a list of fun activities young children can engage in at home. Click here to view.
Arlington County Supports
Emergency Mental Health Services
- Emergency Mental Health Services: 703-228-5160 (Services include assessment, crisis intervention and stabilization, short-term counseling, psychiatric services and critical stress management for individuals and families.)
- Same Day Access : 703-228-5150 (For those ages 18 and older. Note, at this time, all intakes, case management, and therapy appointments will be conducted virtually).
- Same Day Access: 703-228-1560 (For children under the age of 18).
- CR2, Crisis Response : 844-627-4747 (For children, age 17 and younger, experiencing a psychiatric crisis due to mental health issues that are placing them at risk of psychiatric hospitalization that are experiencing mental health or behavioral challenges. Free services)
- REACH (Crisis response for youth and adults w/developmental disabilities): 855-897-8278
Need to Talk? Crisis Phone and Text/Chat Supports
- Crisis Link
- Call: 800-273-TALK 
- Text: CONNECT to 855-11
- Lifeline Chat: SuicidePreventionLifeline.org/chat
- The Disaster Distress Helpline (24/7, 365-day-a-year, toll-free national hotline with multilingual, and confidential crisis support):
- Call: 1-800-985-5990
- Text: TalkWithUs to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
- Mental Health America of Virginia’s Warmline (between 9am and 9pm Monday-Friday or 5pm-9pm Saturday and Sunday): 1-866-400-MHAV (6428)
- Crisis Link
Food, Medical, Financial, and Shelter Assistance
- Dial 2-1-1: For information on food, shelter, and employment assistance.
- Text “Food” or “Comida” to 877-877: For local food resources for children
Child Care Availability
- Check here for up-to-date listings of child care in Arlington.