Educational Audiology Services:
Our Educational Audiologist facilities support for students with hearing loss within the school system. The following services include, but are not limited to:
- Interprets behavioral and electrophysiological evaluations for educational teams.
- Collaborates students, families, and educational teams regarding the implications and educational impact of identified hearing loss.
- Consults with private audiologists, medical personnel, school health nurses, and state agencies to address the student’s individual communication, academic needs.
- Conducts hearing screenings.
- Collaborates with manufacturers and APS personnel in the selection and use of classroom hearing amplification technology.
- Provides training and technical assistance of hearing technology within the classroom for both the student and teachers.
Dr. Gina Gomez, Audiologist
Susan Thomas, Audiologist
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services:
The itinerant Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing students provides educational support to students in a variety of educational settings throughout Arlington County. The type and level of services are determined by the IEP team and may include:
- Direct instruction (tutoring, pre-teaching, individualized instruction).
- Monitoring classroom performance and use of amplification equipment.
- Teaching sign language (IEP team decision).
- Training staff on strategies for teaching students with hearing loss.
- Supporting and educating teachers on impact of hearing loss.
- Teaching self-advocacy skills.
Eileen Warren, Itinerant Deaf and Hard of Hearing Specialists
Laura Yellin, Itinerant Deaf and Hard of Hearing Specialists
Morgan Lee, Itinerant Deaf and Hard of Hearing Specialists